Salary $64,968.00 - $90,912.00 Annually
Location Sacramento, CA
Job Type Full Time
Opening Date 09/12/2023
Closing Date 9/25/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
The purpose of this position is to ensure the District's financial record keeping is free from material misstatement and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that the District's assets are properly safeguarded. This is accomplished by utilizing established policies and procedures, reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new accounting authoritative guidance, reviewing new agreements/contracts for financial impact, preparing internal and external financial reporting, and overseeing the daily cash management process, receivable collection process, and other finance related activities to ensure appropriate accountability of District monies.
Examples of Duties
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles, and processes various accounting documents such as journal vouchers, billings, cash receiving reports, and other miscellaneous documents. Ensures proper billing and collection of operating funds, records and reconciles daily cash activities, performs general bookkeeping activities. Performs month-end closing activities including but not limited to reconciliation of various balance sheet and cash accounts. Resolve adjustments and discrepancies within agency records.
- Enters and maintains data for reporting and tracking purposes; assists in the preparation of various financial statements and reports. Identifies and locates accounting data by researching accounts and related source documents; prepares summaries of account transactions, balances and supporting documents.
- Comply with internal controls and documented processes and procedures, while also assisting with maintaining and updating accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares daily summary reports of transactions and other reports and worksheets by reviewing the general ledger system and assists with year-end audit by preparing audit papers in a supporting role.
- Conducts administration, record keeping, procedures, and processes of specific projects or programs by carrying out required processes and procedures and creating necessary forms and reports.
- Ensure daily deposit slip agrees to summary reports provided by external departments including, but not limited to, Customer Service, CBS, and the Revenue Center. Provide daily cash deposit report to Accounting.
Formal Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field.
Substitution of experience for the required education is not accepted.
Experience: A minimum of two years of professional accounting experience. Experience at a Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Firm is preferred, but not required.
Proof of education beyond high school, such as college transcripts, diplomas, and/or certificates must be submitted at the time of application.
Filing Instructions/Supplemental Information
The minimum qualifications as stated on this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available at our website at www.sacrt.com.
A completed employment application and proof of education must be submitted online no later than Monday, September 25, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. SacRT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, please reference the Benefits tab. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity EOE Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
This position falls under the Operating Engineer Local Union no. 3 Group (OE3).